Pages

Saturday, January 2, 2010

2010




Happy New Year!  Hopefully, everyone had a better New Year's Eve then I did. 

New Year's Resolution #1:  Do not repeat getting sick from what you ate for dinner next New Years Eve.  I know that I probably felt better on New Years Day than some people around me did (something about tequila shots, manhattans and long island iced teas comes to mind).  Now that the hangovers have cleared, and I'm done being sick, it's time to make some resolutions that I am going to try my damnedest to keep. 

Resolution #2:  See the picture above?  Yeah, that's my cookbook shelf.  Yes.  I have a cookbook shelf.  I also have a couple of accordion file folders stuffed to the brim with new recipes to try.  Therefore, this year I am going to start using cookbooks I never use (I'm looking at you, Whole Foods Cookbook) and stop relying on my go-to books (sorry, Cooking with Booze).  My goal is to try to make at least one recipe from a cookbook I don't really use once a week.  

Resolution #2.5:  Remember the accordion file folder?  Make at least one recipe from the Recipe file a week.  I've got to whittle away through the file somehow.  


Resolution #3: Update the blog at least once a week.  It's time to stop bitching about how life and work get in the way.  No matter how crappy my week has been at work (for the record, it's been a solid 3 weeks of crap, before I went on vacation, that is), I still end up making at least something, or Sam and Hunter would have to start fighting, Thunderdome style over Hunter's food.  


Resolution #4: Finish at least one more stained glass piece, and make next years Christmas Gifts from stained glass. Here's a picture of my latest piece, for my New Mexican, Sam.  



Well, that's all I've got for the moment.  Look for me to be posting more regularly, and happy new year.  Here's my cheesy-optimistic New Year's signoff:  May 2010 bring whatever 2009 didn't.  




1 comment:

  1. =) Nice resolutions! I like the blog one because then I get to keep up with your life on a weekly basis, and steal good recipes from you ;)

    ReplyDelete

asdfas