Photo from here
Christmas completely snuck up on me this year, I (gasp) still have yet to send out gifts. I"ll just maintain that it's nice to get gifts in January...when no one is expecting them...right? As I told anyone who asked (and many who didn't), I'm pretty sure I spent all my holiday cheer planning our first whole family/Colorado Thanksgiving.
That's not to say we didn't celebrate Christmas this year, it was just on a smaller scale, and very relaxing. We went down to New Mexico (my folks were basking it up on a cruise), and I got to see the luminarias in White Rock, and even eat a Chileworks Burrito (Chileworks is serious business. Sam came back with 4 of them, thanks to his wonderful mom (hi!)) which promptly made my face melt.
The latter half of 2010 has been a bit rocky for us, and I"m excited (and hopeful) that 2011 will be a little less stressful. Without further ado, here are some things that I'd like to accomplish in 2011:
- Get a job. I know I've been at home too long when I start to notice how some people on the Maury show say "Murray" instead of "Maury" Also, having an income would be pretty awesome. I could buy lots of pancetta that way.
- Organize my recipe file. I have three accordian folders that probably weigh as much as the cat with recipes that I've clipped out of magazines. (Maybe if I had main ingredients, such as chicken, sorted into Whole, Breasts and Thighs, I wouldn't have to spend half an hour tracking down a recipe.)
- Make at least 2 recipes from the file a month.
- Make at least 2 recipes from all of the website bookmarks I have a month
- Use every cookbook in my bookshelf once.
- Mail out the late weddings gifts (Hi Aldis & San, Shayna & Justin), AND the late Holiday Gifts. (Hi everyone else!) (Note: How awesome is it that I'm late on the gifts for two weddings, Hanukkah, AND Christmas? That's talent!)
- Mail shit out on time.
- Write a letter/send a card to someone once a month.
- Go fishing.
Steal someone's boyfriend by cooking them chicken tettrazini- shit, sorry, I have Maury on right now. How ridiculous is that? Um, #10, well, huh. I guess I'm out of goals. Wait! Finish Mason & Dixon!
I hope everyone who reads this (all 3 of you) has a happy, healthy and safe New Year and a bitchin 2011.
-Kim, Sam and Hunter