Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Today

To say that I haven't been paying any attention to my corner of the internet is an understatement, to say the least.  In the time that I've been not writing an entry, this happened:


Today marks one year that Sam and I have been in Colorado.  It may not be all sunshine (although it is sunny here, ALL THE TIME), unicorns and rainbows, but I wouldn't change it for the world.  I'm lucky to have a gentleman caller that convinced me to leave what I knew and charge out for the unknown.  I'm pretty resistant to change of any sort, and I don't do well with feeling like I'm not in control of things, but I'm glad we ventured out here.  I miss everyone at the mill (with very obvious exceptions), but Colorado is finally starting to feel like home. 

Enough with the sentimental shit.  

What we've (the royal We, of course) have been up to:
  • Sam took a work trip to Germany, came back with awesome soccer scarves and a 1.0 L glass boot.  
  • While Sam was in Germany, I drove down to New Mexico to pick up Jane (HI!) to bring her back to Boulder and force her to watch My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding, and the Next Food Network Star with me.  I even got to meet a friendly New Mexico State Trooper who pulled me over!  New Mexico is the Land of Enchantment.  Oh, and Hatch Chiles.    Jane and I have picked out my 200 pound wedding dress.  I think Hunter might have to be dressed as the "mini-bride" though, as I have no siblings, and well, we took his balls.   
  • Hunter finally overshot his landing on the bannister, and flew towards the TV.  The look on his face was priceless, as was the embarrassment hiding that ensued.
  • After sufficiently putting Jane into a reality TV coma (which may or may not have involved the "mean tweets" episode of RHONY) and sending her back to the land of chiles, Mr. Zimmer came into town!  Mr. Zimmer was saddened at my tiny grill, and took it upon himself to remedy the situation.  I <3 Mr. Zimmer, oh, and my shiny new grill.  
  • Sam finally got home!  From what I understand, jet lag is a bitch. 
  • Hunter caught a gigantic grasshopper, and proceeded to play with it, and finally eat it, while Sam and I watched, mesmerized.  
  • Oh yeah, and we have hops. 
      

1 comment:

  1. I think you are awesome Kim! That is all I gotta say =)

    ReplyDelete

asdfas