So, before I went on the rant about the Tebow and how much I despise CenturyLink, I had talked about some of my cooking goals. I'm going to attempt to hold myself accountable, so here's how I'm doing so far:
- I froze my sourdough starter. Older windows + granite countertops + Glass jar + temperatures outside below 10 deg F = dead starter. So I'm going to start that over again, and make sure that I keep the starter in a warmer place.
- I've been really good about trying some of the recipes I have pinned on the Pinterest. I've decided to edit the pin once I've made the dish, because apparently everyone can see your pins, so some things have been repinned by random people.
- I've been using more recipes out of my recipe binder things. yay!
- I'd give myself a B on typing up recipes.
- Probably a D on higher difficulty recipes.
- Big fat F on using my cookbooks more. Although to be fair I think I have a fair amount of recipes in the binder that are actually in a cookbook too. I know this is true of most of the stuff I have clipped from Cook's Illustrated.
So, one goal that I didn't mention. Menu Planning. I seriously need to get on that. I don't think I've ever followed a plan for a whole week, but I know it's pretty awesome on the nights that I do, because I don't have to worry about what I'm making.
How are you doing with goals for the new year?