Pages

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Jam A Palooza!

IMG_1422

Please forgive the picture with Jam all over the place.  There were almost jam footprints all over the kitchen.  This year, as overboard still is my middle name, instead of freezing a bazillion pounds of berries, I’d make jam.  I made raspberry, blue berry, blackberry, and strawberry jam, and I’m giving it out for Christmas.  I think this is the earliest I have ever completed my Christmas shopping, and probably the first time I decided to hand-make the gifts and actually followed through on it.  I’m on a roll.  Maybe I should try my hand at making Christmas cards again, or maybe I’ll just buy cards.  That sounds easier.

Other than that, I haven’t been up to much actual cooking.  Well, any cooking I’d take a picture of and post.  Between reliability training, the awesome Z family reunion in Rolla, and other events that take up our time after work, we’ve been defaulting to lots of tuna, turkey burgers and salad.

It’s time to stop being so lethargic, and get back into cooking (and posting)! 

2 comments:

  1. nice jam! that is sure a lot of bottles! I think I will need to email you so you can tell me how to can...I want to try and make home made spaghetti sauce and can it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know, Mal! I've been toying with the idea of making marinara sauce and canning it!

    ReplyDelete

asdfas