Assuming the Mayans weren't right, and the world doesn't end this year, I've got some things that I'd like to do in 2012. Not necessarily resolutions, per say, because I can't go through with a resolution to save my life, but accomplishments!
Here's a 2011 recap:
- Got a new job
- Sam got a new job
- Bought a house
Not all that exciting, I know. Without further ado, here's a list of house-related things I'd like to do in 2012:
- Replace all the damned outlets in the house. (This is already in progress, and proving to be more difficult then I thought)
- Same for the light switches.
- Swap out bathroom light fixtures. Currently they're fluorescent lighting.
- Replace baseboards in the house
- Build raised beds in the backyard
- Pay someone to replace windows.
- New gutters (woo exciting)
Kitchen related items:
- Project where you put sliding drawers underneath the cabinetry. This
- Get better at cooking with legumes.
- Whittle down my recipes - I think one of my binders is thereabouts of 10 lbs now.
- Sub-goal: make one recipe from the magazine files, a cookbook AND internet bookmarks a week. So, three new recipes.
- Sub-sub goal: keep this all organized and type the recipes up in a timely fashion
- Organize, print and bind the recipes I have typed up.
- Make an awesome sourdough starter.
- Try at least one higher-difficulty recipe a week.
Well, that should keep me busy. What are your goals for this year? And yes, I have other goals that I'm not putting on the internets. Some things stay private.
Oh, one more big goal: get Hunter a friend! (of the non-human variety)