Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2011

2012 Plans

Assuming the Mayans weren't right, and the world doesn't end this year, I've got some things that I'd like to do in 2012.  Not necessarily resolutions, per say, because I can't go through with a resolution to save my life, but accomplishments!  

Here's a 2011 recap:
  • Got a new job
  • Sam got a new job
  • Bought a house
Not all that exciting, I know.  Without further ado, here's a list of house-related things I'd like to do in 2012:
  • Replace all the damned outlets in the house.  (This is already in progress, and proving to be more difficult then I thought)
  • Same for the light switches.
  • Swap out bathroom light fixtures.  Currently they're fluorescent lighting. 
  • Replace baseboards in the house
  • Build raised beds in the backyard
  • Pay someone to replace windows. 
  • New gutters (woo exciting)
Kitchen related items:
  • Project where you put sliding drawers underneath the cabinetry.  This
  • Get better at cooking with legumes.  
  • Whittle down my recipes - I think one of my binders is thereabouts of 10 lbs now.  
    • Sub-goal: make one recipe from the magazine files, a cookbook AND internet bookmarks a week.  So, three new recipes.  
      • Sub-sub goal: keep this all organized and type the recipes up in a timely fashion
  • Organize, print and bind the recipes I have typed up.  
  • Make an awesome sourdough starter. 
  • Try at least one higher-difficulty recipe a week.  
Well, that should keep me busy.  What are your goals for this year?  And yes, I have other goals that I'm not putting on the internets.  Some things stay private. 

Oh, one more big goal: get Hunter a friend! (of the non-human variety)

No comments:

Post a Comment

asdfas